BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Authentic

There's nothing like the real thing.

I'm listening to David Crowder on my iPod as I'm typing this and thinking how lovely it is to own an authentic Apple product.

I'm not about to write a post exalting the virtues of the brand, but just think: there's a good reason why Apple products are in the limelight these days. It's because they really do have something good going.

Having an iPod of my own now, I can tell you for a certainty that it is a joy using a product of theirs.

And I also say with almost complete certainty that there are plenty of imitation products out there that look like and feel just like an iPhone or iPod, but somehow I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be quite the same thing.

If nothing else, there's the satisfaction that you own something authentic, and that if you were to turn the device around to glance the logo inscribed at the back, it would really read "iPod" and not aPod or some other name that almost is like... but isn't exactly.

I guess the experience of having Jesus in your life is like that.

You only need to have experienced having Him around for just a brief moment to know that you've truly stumbled across something good. That He is the real deal and thereafter there would be no other substitute that could be just as satisfying.

Not to be so irreverent as to say the iPod and Jesus are on the same plane, but I hope you get my point.

0 comments: