BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

K for kite

 A wau - a Malaysian kite

I've always wanted to fly one successfully. I don't think I ever have. I remember having to make one in primary school... a wau (which was supposed to look something like the one in the picture) and I used lidi and tracing paper and made colourful designs on it. It didn't fly properly.

I remember seeing people's kites get stuck in trees and feeling sad on their behalf when I was a child.

I wonder why the term "flying kites" ended up having such a negative connotation when kite flying is really a fascinating thing.

Do people even fly kites nowadays? 

Perhaps the reason I find it fascinating is because it's fluid.. it's dependent on the wind... and wind is something none of us can control. It's the intrigue of something that's beyond you, stretching far above what you can ever understand or imagine.

That an unpredictable gust of wind can have the power to lift up your kite... and figuratively speaking, your dreams too.

What are the winds in your life that lift your feet off the ground?

0 comments: